Pages

Saturday 28 August 2010

I Have Fallen In Love

As I was browsing Etsy yesterday my eye was drawn to an asymmetric hoodie in their 'Featured Seller' section.

Anna-Marie Cooper aka Minkie of Minxshop is the creator of this hoodie and I have completely fallen in love with her design style. Clean modern lines with a nod to vintage pattern can be seen throughout her collection.

I'm totally in awe and don't mind saying that her clothing is exactly the type of thing I would want to create if I were still working in the fashion industry. (For those of you who don't already know; I actually used to be a fashion designer. Admittedly a jaded one, hence why I'm not one any more but you never forget your first love.)

Minkie has inspired me to think more about the garments that I still create for myself, especially when it comes to material selection (I am rather guilty of sticking to safe patterned cotton,) and embellishment; which for me used to be the most rewarding part of designing.

I urge you to check out more of Minkie's designs and the interview she did with The Storque.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou muchly for leaving a comment, I love reading them all ^_^