Pages

Sunday 4 July 2010

Super Sunday

I always think of Sunday's as a sort of 'non-day' because you have to start worrying about the week ahead. Whilst growing up my entire town was on shut down on Sundays and there wasn't much to entertain yourself with if it was raining and you'd run out of drawing paper (not the case these days.) In general I don't particularly like them...

...So thank goodness for 'Sunday Club.' One Sunday every month I go to Cardiff on the train and meet up with Kim and occasionally Jo and Del (depending on whether they are trucking around the country in a HGV and spying on ruffians via surveillance cameras.) We have a snoop around the shops (usually the John Lewis Haberdashery Department and Lush - I have needs.) Followed by a veggie roast. Nom nom nom.

This weekend I got to wear my 'Spaghetti Strap Western' halterneck. It's so comfortable, I'm pretty much in love with it.


If you were wondering, it's unfortunately not me who has the fancy new iphone and hypstamatic ap *sad face*

I bought some buttons and pretty fabrics (I seriously need help people) from John Lewis and did some designing before lunch - I just had to get the design ideas whizzing around my head down on paper.

We then sheltered from the rain in Starbucks. Delyn always uses her middle name 'Louise' in these food ordering situations because even Welsh people have trouble writing it etc. I also have this issue, so use the pseudonym 'Rebecca.' Feeling left out Kim decided to call herself 'Jane' - I'm sure this is how identity fraud starts. We'll be into all sorts of criminal activity by the end of the year.

I'm now listening to Prince and shall be trying out my free Lush face mask. Maybe Sundays aren't so bad after all.

P.S. Happy 4th of July to any American readers out there!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh sounds like a fab idea! My sunday involved a roast and sorting my itunes. Rock and roll!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam got a roasting? Oooh errr!=P I definately need to start this fake name malarky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fake names are definitely the way to go. I've been doing it for years.

    When I was 6 I told everyone my middle name was 'Bambilybadon' - some people still think it is. I have no idea where it came from but I did it 'cause I was jealous of other kids with middle names.

    P.S. Can we please refrain from anymore 'roasting' jokes, it may go down well on MadGearSolid but I like to think we're a little more highbrow ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou muchly for leaving a comment, I love reading them all ^_^