Pages

Wednesday 28 April 2010

Birthday Blog (Parts 3 & 4)

Birthday celebrations 3 and 4 took place over the last two weekends. 3 consisted of a girlie night out in Cardiff where fun times were had by all and 4 took place in London over 3 days.

Day 1: We went to see Cemetery Junction and even though none of us are great fans of Ricky Gervais, we absolutely loved this film and were quoting lines all weekend.



Day 2: Portobello Market and the Hummingbird Bakery were our first ports of call, which is becoming a bit of a tradition and a bloody good one at that because I love cake, especially Hummingbird cake

Leah and Terri eating Black Bottom Cupcakes and Red Velvet Whoopie Cakes.

We then tried to purchase tickets for the Grace Kelly: Style Icon Exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum but to no avail. So we went to The Enchanted Palace (Kensington Palace) instead and had a wonderful time trying to find the hidden princesses.

The beautiful Kensington Palace Gardens.

Our evening consisted of eating a fabulous three course meal at Floridita, Soho and drinking the best Mojito's I've ever tasted and trying a 'Dark and Stormy' which, if I remember correctly, is a rum and ginger beer concoction.

Leah and Terri enjoying their Mojito's.

Day 3: Was meant to be a picnic in the park day, but the heavens opened so we decided to browse the boutiques and vintage shops of Northcote Road, Battersea. I then had to leg it to the station with what felt like a large child on my back. I am never attempting to travel home from London on a Sunday and a Marathon weekend ever again, as it is a completely horrendous experience, but at least I made my connection (unlike the last visit to the Big Smoke.)

I am still completely shattered from all the frivolity (it has been 4 days since I got back) but had a great time eating cake, drinking cocktails and running for the tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou muchly for leaving a comment, I love reading them all ^_^