Pages

Wednesday 22 September 2010

Hello! Yes, I'm Still Alive.

Sorry I've been a little absent recently, work has been a little hectic (we're moving premises in a couple of months and the preparations are 'stepping up a gear.') I also start my new job and training course in less than 2 weeks. Eeeeeeek! Today I had to contact my prospective mentor to ask if he still wanted the responsibility (luckily he did. Phew!) He seems really nice which is also a massive bonus and huge relief! All I have to do now is become a member of the Society of Archivist (sounds all very masonic doesn't it?) and write a letter of application to the course and I'll be good to go!

My first training day will be in October when I have to go to the British Library; I've been told I really should visit 'the downstairs' and take a look at the original manuscripts (apparently they hold some of Jane Austin's work.) Has anyone ever been?

Unfortunately their exhibition on 'Magnificent Maps' has just finished, I'm really disappointed as I'd have loved to have seen 'The Island' by Stephen Walter, 2008. I have a bit of a thing for maps, they're my favourite bit about my job (I think it stems from my father always having old maps around the house, handed down to him by his father.) I can't wait until I get to work on repairing some.

Anyway, I hope to get back to posting more regularly as soon as things die down a bit. Bye for now ^_^

2 comments:

Thankyou muchly for leaving a comment, I love reading them all ^_^