Pages

Saturday 20 March 2010

Day Three

I'm very close to completing a challenge from my list and it's quite a major one. It's the sugar posy that I should have already completed for my Cake Decoration class, but due to going abroad and then becoming ill I just haven't had the time or the inclination.

I took a special trip to my favourite Sugar Craft shop in Ystrad Mynach and bought some goodies.

I didn't need edible glitter, but then I saw a lady buying some and a bit of glitter makes anything look amazing, so I just had to buy it. I used the dusting powder and the tape to work on some of the posy's components.

I dusted the powder onto the leaves I made on Thursday and then held the leaves over a steaming kettle until the powder had melted and took on a waxy finish.

These are known as 'Single Loops with Tails,' I used the tape to secure the ribbon in place. I love making these, they're so pretty and effective and thankfully not too hard to do either!

Hopefully all of the posy will be done by this coming Thursday ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou muchly for leaving a comment, I love reading them all ^_^