Pages

Wednesday 17 March 2010

40 Things...40 Days

My dear friend Kimmie has informed me that the latest issue of Company Magazine was exclusively written by bloggers, which has inspired her to create her own blog: IckleKimmie's Journal. Though this is only part of a much bigger project, namely '40 Things...40 Days...' You've probably guessed it already, but if you are bit slow on the uptake like I was, here is the basic idea:

You create a list with 40 challenges for yourself and then you spend the next 40 days trying to achieve them. Simple.

So Kimmie has chosen the challenge of challenging me to create a list, and seen as though I was only chastising myself yesterday for not blogging enough I have accepted because now I will have plenty to write about!

Here is my list: The ones in blue are the challenges I've achieved so far ^_^

  1. Blog at least 3 times a week.
  2. Get up at 6.30am on a week day.
  3. Get up at 8am on a weekend.
  4. Start frequenting the gym on a regular basis.
  5. Buy Vampire Weekend's first album.
  6. Watch Footloose.
  7. Drink more water.
  8. Loose a few lbs.
  9. Design a Munny for Split-Screen.
  10. Day Trip.
  11. Buy that dress.
  12. Actually go to my Sugar-craft Classes.
  13. Finish that God damn sugar posy I've been making for what seems like months.
  14. Stop constantly wearing Hoodies.
  15. Organise my birthday meal.
  16. Stop eating so much chocolate.
  17. Sort out these pig trotters I call feet.
  18. READ the latest issue of Sew Hip magazine, don't just look at the pictures.
  19. Make something from any previous Sew Hip magazine.
  20. Finish sewing that white summer skirt.
  21. Buy Terri a present.
  22. Buy Leah a present.
  23. Get a hair cut.
  24. Try that Nut Roast mix I bought.
  25. Stop being such a hypochondriac.
  26. Stop complaining about how tired/ill/generally rubbish I feel in work.
  27. Buy a new camera.
  28. Meet up with Lizzie and Ntongo in the Big Smoke.
  29. Find out where they hold decent Ska/Dub nights in my area.
  30. Have sleepover fun with Kimmie and Lady Cha Cha.
  31. Buy some Sharpies.
  32. Climb a mountain.
  33. Read a book, any book.
  34. Add another Momiji to the collection.
  35. Sort out drawers/wardrobe.
  36. Take unwanted clothes/clutter to the charity shop.
  37. Make meringues.
  38. Go to the cinema.
  39. Hoover.
  40. Try a new cocktail recipe.
So there you have it. I sincerely hope I succeed as there are a few things on this list that have been swimming around my head for ages. Now all I have to do is muster up a bit of enthusiasm and positivity, maybe I should have put that on the list....

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. YES! Number 9 is rad! And then take me to the dub night. BAM!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou muchly for leaving a comment, I love reading them all ^_^