Pages

Sunday 3 October 2010

My Last Weekend of Total Freedom

I started my new job as a Trainee Conservator on Friday; it didn't really differ much from my day as a Preservation Assistant, except I became ill and had to go home early, which wasn't the best start to a new job.

The dreaded lurgy also ate into my plans for the weekend. I wanted to go to Cardiff and buy myself a 'fashionable Trainee Conservators outfit' - if there is such a thing. Due to not being able to leave my front door I decided to use my time productively and this is what I came up with:

I used the Coffee Date dress pattern by Elaine May on Burdastyle.com (I always have to make garments smaller to what the size guide says for the patterns on Burdastyle; they are VERY generous.)

I used the Dill Blossom Yellow screen printed cotton by SEI for Robert Kaufman. I ordered it from Fabric Rehab (which is a must visit website if you love patterned fabrics as much as I do.) As you can see I didn't add the ruffle around the neckline of the dress. I'm more of a pleat than a ruffle kinda gal, though I think the little black button is just right and finishes the dress off. I just need to find the perfect skinny black belt to wear with it now!

Anyway, I'd better start getting ready for my epic journey tomorrow. I'm meeting my Mentor for the first time but his Conservation Studio is in Flintshire, which means 7 hours on a train all together. Oh Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou muchly for leaving a comment, I love reading them all ^_^